The FCJA has been successful in establishing a dedicated Furniture, Cabinet, Joinery Hub under the META framework.
META has been established as a nation-wide network of high performance manufacturing businesses aided by world-class researchers and suppliers to help transform Australia’s manufacturing sector into a globally integrated and competitive industry. META members are comprised of business leaders from Australian manufacturers of all sizes – from SMEs to multi-national organisations – and universities and research organisations. The intention is for META members to collaborate together to accelerate growth and increase the efficiency and competitiveness of Australia’s manufacturing industry globally.
It is a significant achievement to have established an FCJ Hub under META as it bears strong testimony to the true significance of our industries to the Australian economy and our potential to grow.
The META FCJ Hub will bring together Australia's most advanced manufacturers, designers and researchers across the furniture, cabinetry and joinery space to transform the industry and take advantage of all opportunities to innovate and create new highly customised designs to foster significant industry growth.
The FCJ Hub help:
• Raise awareness in the industry of the value to be derived through enhanced innovation and design, practice of business excellence and speedier response to market
• Give FCJ manufacturers a better understanding of what can be achieved through innovative design, processes and business models and adoption of latest technologies
• Give FCJ designers a better understanding of the economic issues to be addressed in commercial scale production
• Demonstrate what can be achieved through better business models, commercially oriented collaboration and a stronger design and innovation culture.
• Foster the development of new and unique products that can attract a price premium and a unique, stand-alone positioning in the market place.
• Develop a unique Australian profile/signature that can be promoted in international markets.
The META FCJ Hub will be officially launched at the Ian Potter Museum, Federation Square, Melbourne on Tuesday 14th October 2014 at 11.30am. In addition to formal presentations, guests will be able to take a private tour of an exhibition on Mid-Century Modern Australian Furniture Design currently showing at the NGV. The launch will raise general awareness of the FCJ industry and the work that the Hub will undertake.
In addition, Meetings of Hub registrants have been arranged for the following dates, to review the key issues and opportunities confronting the FCJ sector in Australia, assess existing capabilities and consider potential collaborative projects that could be pursued to help achieve the overall Hub objectives:
Tuesday, 16 September 2014 Thursday, 25 September 2014
(10.00am – 1.00pm) (11.00am – 2.00pm)
META Boardroom NSW Business Chamber Meeting Rooms
800 Blackburn Road, CLAYTON VIC 140 Arthur Street, NORTH SYDNEY, NSW