The Furniture Cabinets Joinery Alliance Limited (FCJA) has been established as a collaborative effort by the key industry associations representing the different FCJ sub-sectors in Australia:
- Furnishing Industry Association of Australia
- Australian Woodworking Industry Suppliers Association Limited
- Australian Window Association
- Australian Shop and Office Fitting Industry Association
- Cabinet Makers and Designers Association of Australia
The Alliance was originally forged in 2011 with the immediate focus of attention being the development of a Strategic Industry Plan for the furniture, cabinet, joinery (FCJ) sector. However, once this was finalised, it soon became apparent that there was a continued role for the Alliance to help implement, and as necessary refine, that Plan.
Consequently, the FCJA was incorporated as a legal entity in early 2014, with the prime objective being to provide a united voice for the collective FCJ industry in Australia, representing its best interests to all external stakeholders, to ensure the future viability of locally manufactured FCJ products through measures designed to encourage FCJ companies to:
- Embrace design and innovation as a core characteristic for future growth
- Maximise its share of the domestic market
- Develop an Export Culture and progressively grow export markets
- Capitalise on and adopt latest technological developments
- Attract more highly skilled, highly trained workers
- Embody the latest management practices, reflecting world’s best practice in business management
- Become an integral player in the global FCJ supply chain.